Moto Mundo Maya

A motorcycle tour through Mexico and Central America on some Kawasaki KLR650s. Come along for the ride...

Friday, February 6, 2009

Every Trip Begins In First Gear

I know it's an advertising slogan for riding gear, but it's a great place to start a travel blog for a group motorcycle tour thrrough Mexico and Central America on our 2008 Kawasaki KLR650s. Come along for the ride....

My name is Al Palaima, aka Fonzie, and I'll be representing the online motor media world on this tour. Our ride leaders name is Ken Freund and he'll be recording this tour for the printed pages of motorcycledom and lastly, in our camp is the KDX doctor himself, Jeff Fredette.

Long story short, we're departing Southern California on Feb 17th and wheeling our way to the Panama Canal in only two weeks. Tourist stops are surely included and laborious border crossings are inevitable, I hope to keep you all posted along the way. It appears that there are internet cafés along our route, so cross your fingers that I can get connected long enough to post at least a photograph.

And I myself will be making this tour the precursor to my visit to the '09 Daytona Bike Week... truely the long way round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home